Wednesday 21 March 2012

The Morning After

Woke up feeling sick and it went right down to my soul
This was last night`s aftermath, where my friend was the toilet bowl.
I had hugged it nice and tight and spilled out my darkest secrets.
And after I was done, it was enough to give you jeepers creepers
Just to see the mess I made and the bed in which I had laid.
This is the story of a girl,
who didn't cry a river and drown the whole world with tears,
But instead she silenced it with her fears.

Then came a hero, in a white and shining armor.
He filled her with joy and promised never to harm her.
You can tell from her smile that she's come quite far
And if you compared His love with others you will see they are all sub-par
Jesus Christ is Lord,
Need I say more?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Imposter syndrome

This is for black women: Do you disqualify yourself when you meet a love interest and all your insecurities flare-up? Especially if the inse...