Wednesday 8 February 2012

Honor Thy Mother and Father...






Sorry for the late post folks but...


I had written and re-written and nothing seemed to be coming from the heart until I finally wrote out what I was afraid to write...


And it goes a lil something like this:


Ephesians 6:12 
"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."


Today's wrestle started in the morning with my mother and whatever spirit seems to be...for lack of better word...controlling her or occupying her.

In the past, when I have stood up to her in terms of my belief in Jesus Christ, she has literally (verbally) beaten me down because she is also well-versed and Biblically knowledgeable.

But today the Lord showed me that in the past I was so weak and not able to stand up to what she (or the spirit behind it) was saying because I lacked the Holy Ghost living, thriving and growing in me! 


The Holy Ghost is not only empowering but is actually and fully 100% doing the work of the Lord IN you and THROUGH you. 
 -> Can't get that kind of knowledge, assurance and feeling anywhere else in the world;guaranteed.



...all this to say that regardless of the fact that I love my momma, and that although we fight at times over THE most ridiculous things, I still have to do what the Lord says in his commandment: "Honor thy mother and father"- it doesn't matter whether she is a believer or not. 

This commandment has been one of the hardest to follow lately and at first I kinda just did it my own way but that sure as h e double hockey sticks was not working at all so the Lord gave me an idea- "Why don't you just ask me to SHOW you how to follow this commandment and put it into action?"

 So I did and I can't even begin to explain how humbling this experience has been.

Learning to hold back my tongue, take her advice with a grain of salt, hear where she's coming from, learning to be selfless, learning to be considerate, learning to be patient, not roll my eyes and sigh and give attitude, not scream and yell and shout and bang doors? 


If I continue to be stubborn and continue on the same path of my disobedience it will really only cause misery in my life, sooooo why bother? 


Why bother holding on to grudges and past pains and past she saids?

That's why I say,


Lord,


CHEERS(thank you Lord) to Godly-directed change in my household.

CHEERS to inviting the Lord into my home and heart and having Him come and live and stay and dine with us and sleep among us.

CHEERS to allowing the Lord to work in my heart through my mother and working my mother through me.


CHEERS to the Lord hearing our cries.

CHEERS to MORE love, MORE life, and MORE laughter in this home


Thanks be to God for blessing me with such an amazingly, beautiful, intelligent and graceful mother..

but most of all..

CHEEEERRRSSS (God bless you) to Single MOTHERS everywhere.


 I don't know how you do it but I know the Lord is a good and faithful Father and can be counted on in the worst of situations


oxo

Thank you all for reading and I appreciate any and all of your comments.


Cheers and God bless you all


-Lady Em and Queen Tanishya



5 comments:

  1. This is an inspiring post. I love that you found ways to deal with your mom in such a caring way. My favorite quote is "The Holy Ghost is not only empowering but is actually and fully 100% doing the work of the Lord IN you and THROUGH you. " This shows me the importance of seeking the baptism to continue to do the Lord's work. Thank you for sharing this with us all. God bless you

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm blessed to have an insightful reader such as you Jess. Your comment has actually inspired me even further to continue writing what the Holy Ghost lays on my heart. Thank you for your blessing and giving me such great marketing advice :) God bless you oxo
    ps: your baptism of the Holy Ghost is just around the corner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well said Mbula! Honoring parents is indeed Godly.. You certainly have a way with words. Keep it up! XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Chirine :) your support means greatly to me :)

      Delete
  4. 2018 Mbula- It's funny to me how she wants you to be strong and not put up with bullshit or be a doormat yet when she pulls the same shit with you, she gets shocked that you shut her out too. IS THIS NOT WHAT YOU TAUGHT ME TO DO MOTHER?! LOOOLL #whatisparenting

    ReplyDelete

Imposter syndrome

This is for black women: Do you disqualify yourself when you meet a love interest and all your insecurities flare-up? Especially if the inse...