Wednesday 1 February 2012

Fear Not...

Good morning friends,


I pray that this past week the Lord opened up your eyes to His presence in your life, but also opening up your eyes to His will and His plan for your life. I say this because I am seeing evidence of it DAILY in my walk of faith (and this is just the beginning)


These past few weekends have been a complete blessing. The weekend before last I was at a women's prayer summit that truly encouraged me and blessed me with tips on how to better exercise my walk with God and my faith in Him.


I had heard people say this walk takes commitment but I hadn't taken it the step further that was required- spending intimate time in HIS presence, ALONE.


Matthew 6:6 "But when you pray, go away by yourself, shut the door behind you, and pray to your Father in private. Then your Father, who sees everything, will reward you."


I sometimes do a prayer shopping list of what I want (boyfriend, better finances, good grades, better weather) and there is nothing wrong with that because the Bible says:


John 16:24 "Until now you have not asked for anything in my name. Ask and you will receive, and your joy will be complete"

But what about what God wants? If Jesus is our everything (father, friend, LOVER...) then how can we continue to treat Him like this is a one way street? 

How can I serve you today Lord? I may be afraid of what you ask me to do but Lord, YOU are my strength and I can do all things through YOU because YOU strengthen me. 

This thing of fear needs to be killed. What I love about God is that He knows we have questions and fear of the unknown, so if we trust in Him alone, He says:
 Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you," says the LORD. "They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope

 and goes on to say: 

Isaiah 41:10 "So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand"

From this day forward, let us ingrain these promises into our hearts and minds so that when fear of the unknown comes up, we can just battle these thoughts with these verses!

Thank you for reading my blog. I look forward to hearing your feedback.

God bless you

-Queen Tanishya (a.k.a Mbula Enobong) 









2 comments:

  1. 2018 Mbula- it's weird reading this stuff and immersing myself back into the world you used to be in at the time of writing this stuff. I just want you to know that I am so proud of you and how far you've come, the highs and the lows....and you're still here after it all. Thank you <3
    #onedayatatime

    ReplyDelete
  2. ps: Who di raaaaaasssss is Queen Tanishya?

    ReplyDelete

Imposter syndrome

This is for black women: Do you disqualify yourself when you meet a love interest and all your insecurities flare-up? Especially if the inse...