Thursday 18 June 2020

The Journey 💨

The journey


Where I’m from, the tribes are many and the languages form a mosaic of unity-

The real wakanda 


Where I’m  from, family comes first at all costs – yes, even if it costs your health

Or peace of mind. 


Where I’m  from, family is all we have, family is what holds

Us together, and family is the retirement plan our grandparents rely on.


Where I’m  from, secrets are swept under the rug and shame eats away at family heirlooms


At gatherings we all laugh and are boisterous while underneath there is water eroding the metal


Where I’m from is completely different than where I am now and where I am going- and that’s ok. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Imposter syndrome

This is for black women: Do you disqualify yourself when you meet a love interest and all your insecurities flare-up? Especially if the inse...